Albert Cottage is a boutique hotel located in East Cowes close to Osborne house offering stylish accommodation in a beautiful garde ll listed house set in 2 acres of grounds and gardens.
For those looking for a special romantic break, wedding or just luxury getaway on your own or with the family this hotel is an ideal choice with excellent dining, secluded setting, and stunning decorated rooms
- Historic former Royal residence adjoining the grounds of Osborne House
- Secluded and romantic Wedding venue – fully licensed for ceremonies
- Picturesque private gardens with extensive patio and lawns
- Outstanding dining experiences for all occasions, tastes and budgets
- 10 Spacious, individually styled bedrooms – all with en-suite facilities
A little history:
Built in the 1840s probably by Thomas Cubitt – the then leading master builder in London – ‘Albert Cottage’ was bought in 1852 by Prince Albert to be part of a Botanic Garden development of the Osborne House Estate, and was used together with the adjacent Osborne Cottage by Royal guests.
In 1899 a covered corridor was constructed to link the two properties and allow easy movement between them without guests having to brave any inclement weather. This corridor now links the main Hotel and Consort Restaurant & Bar area.