If you enjoy fishing then you should take advantage of our three lakes that are located a 150 yard stroll down the lane, which is also accessible by car. These man made but now wholly naturalised lakes cover an area of one and a half acres and are well-stocked with carp, roach and tench of various sizes. The largest recorded fish caught from these lakes to date was a 20lb carp caught by a 12 year old boy.
Yearly, double figures are caught. As well as being a peaceful place to pass the time and admire the beautiful scenery the lakes offer something to anglers of all abilities; good sport for the experienced angler and simply a chance to catch fish for the novice.
Guests staying at Nettlecombe Farm can fish free of charge, and the lakes are also open to the public for a daily ‘per rod’ charge of £5.00.
There is ample car parking next to the lakes and toilet facilities are also available nearby. The lakes are open from dawn to dusk all year round.
Schools, clubs and disabled children can be catered for and all coaches are CRB checked and trained in first aid. All abilities are welcome and they can supply everything you need so all you have to do is bring yourself along and get hooked!
Pre-booking essential, please contact Dan Ross 07535 635918
- Any angler aged 12 years or over must have an Environment Agency rod licence.
- Children 12 years and under must be accompanied by a responsible adult
- Please use barbless hooks
- Landing nets must be used
- No keep nets
- Please treat our fish with respect and return to the lakes with care
- No nightfishing (dawn to dusk opening hours only)
- No BBQ’s
- Dogs must be kept on leads and cleaned up after
- Please do not leave litter around the ponds
…have fun and get hooked!