Monkey Haven, Isle of Wight – Registered Charity
Monkey Haven is a multi-award-winning attraction that makes animals happy… and people happy. This Isle of Wight animal sanctuary is Number 1 on TripAdvisor and the best small attraction in England, according to the tourism chiefs at VisitEngland.
Swing on by to Monkey Haven – the happiest attraction in town! You’ll meet all kinds of wonderful creatures at this popular animal sanctuary, including the singing Lar Gibbons, cheeky Meerkats, slithering snakes and the cutest owls.
The primate rescue centre, just outside Newport, makes animals happy – and people happy. We’re in TripAdvisor’s Hall of Fame, plus we were the Best Small Attraction in England according to the tourism chiefs at VisitEngland.
There are keeper talks and animal feeds throughout the day, where you can find out all about our awesome animals and how they came to be here. Many were rescued from tragic situations, and found tied up at airports, or badly neglected by their previous owners. The keepers recently won a top award for their talks – VisitEngland’s Best Told Story accolade for 2018 – so don’t miss them when you’re there!
There’s so much to see and do including…
• Download our FREE awesome App. Follow trails, collect virtual bananas, get sneaky behind the scenes, and take silly selfies! Check it out to plan your visit – or download it at the park where there’s free Wifi.
• Meet new rescued animals, including Djimmy, Buna …and their squeaky toy pig!
• Have a hoot with the owls’ – Meet Ketch, Beau, Wisp and Casper, at the daily owl talks.
• Get up close to a snake at ‘Reptile Rendezvous’ – they’re much softer and more playful than you might expect! New reptile Lodge for 2019!
• FREE booklet of monkey puzzles for kids including a tiny treat trail.
• Two great play areas for children (under 5’s and over 5’s)
• Fun events throughout the year to celebrate animals’ birthdays, holidays and other special occasions (check facebook for updates)
The Haven’s mission is to provide a happy forever home for rescued animals. Recent rescues include the Cherry-crowned Mangabeys, Djimmy and Buna – with their squeaky toy pig, which is causing quite a sensation! You can also meet the fluffy Cotton-Top Tamarins, who were rescued from tiny birdcages and lucky to survive. Plus say hello to Peppino the Capuchin, who bears scars around his neck, from a collar that was too tight. He’s recently fathered the most beautiful baby, so pop along and see the family.
Happy birthday at the Haven Every animal is special – and their birthdays are celebrated with healthy cake and a singsong (check monkeyhaven.org or Facebook if you’d like to join the party.) This is also a great place to host parties for your little monkeys, so see monkehaven.org for details.
Free, Fun App Before you go, you can download the free App to plan your visit, then at the park, you can follow a banana trail, see behind the scenes, and take silly selfies.
Great facilities There’s free WiFi, two kids’ play areas, Xhabu’s tea room, an Ice cream shack, a great little shop and peekaboo boards for posers of all ages! There’s also full disabled access and easy parking – and tickets are valid for a free return trip within 7 days!
Monkey Haven is a charity and all proceeds from your visit will help the animals you’ll meet. So hang out with us and have a happy day!
- Download our FREE awesome App. Follow trails, collect virtual bananas, get sneaky peaks behind the scenes, and take silly selfies! Check it out to plan your visit – or download it at the park where there’s free Wifi.
Monkey Haven is a charity and all proceeds from admissions are used to care for creatures in crisis. Registered charity 1153254. Facilities include a lovely tea room, gift shop, Free wifi, two play area’s, pushchair friendly paths, free parking, and all tickets are valid for a complimentary free return within 7 days.
Have a happy day!
Telephone us on 01983 530885
Small Visitor Attraction of the Year 2017 from VisitEngland
VisitEngland Gold accolade 2016
TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2017
TripAdvisor Hall of Fame.