- From the coastal car park at Brook take the path into the field just to the left of the track which leads down to the beach. Take the left-hand fork, following the line of the hedge and the road. Leave the field when you get to the cattle grid and carefully cross the busy Military Road. Go along Brook Village Road and after 220yds turn left into Coastguard Lane. Follow the track past some houses then the terrace of coastguard cottages.
- When the tarmac ends, continue straight on the track signposted ‘BS87 Shippards Chine’ and go through a field gate and past a pond on your left, then through another field gate. Turn right opposite the entrance to Compton Grange along the path signposted ‘BS48 Dunsbury Farm and the Downs’ and head up the field to a crossing track about 110yds before the fence line.
- Turn left along the track. When you reach Dunsbury Grange farmhouse on the left, turn right through a gate and head steeply up a field keeping the fence close to your right.
- Cross a stile on the ridge and turn right. Go through a field gate and keep just to the left of the ridge. Pass through another field gate and follow the grassy path between fences. Turn right immediately after a gate alongside a field gate, following the direction of the sign for ‘BS86 Dunsbury’. However keep to the right of the track and take the higher level grassy path when the main track bears left and descends. Head downhill to Dunsbury Farm, with hedges on both sides.
- Walk through two field gates and turn right onto the tarmac farm track, then quickly left after just 40yds (40m) between the buildings, signposted ‘BS102 Hamstead Trail’. The tarmac track bends left then right, heading gently downhill with buildings on both sides. Turn left at a junction of paths signposted ‘BS52’ and go between hedges to a T-junction with a seat.
- Turn right here along BS107 to follow the bridleway down a lane, eventually you will reach Badger Lane. Bear right and follow the lane into Brook Village. Turn left to visit the village, or continue with the trail by turning right along the road and go past Coastguard Lane back to the Military Road.
- Take care crossing this fast and busy main road to the track opposite, but unlike our outward path, head straight ahead along the track which services the houses on Brookgreen. From here you can see the old lifeboat station near the cliff edge at Brook Chine. Just before a little bridge, follow a coast path marker post on the right through a field and head back to the car park.
The Dunsbury Trail – 3.5 Miles
Secure your summer holiday for just £30
February 22, 2019
Secure your summer holiday for just £30 Our frien
Space to Appear at Jack-Up the Summer
February 22, 2019
‘FEMALE OF THE SPECIES’ ACT SPACE TO APPEAR AT JAC
Robin Hill’s electric woods attracts record-breaking visitors
February 21, 2019
Robin Hill’s electric woods attracts record-breaki
Jack Up the Weekend 19th - 20th April 2019
February 13, 2019
Jack Up the Weekend JACK UP LAUNCHES SPIN-OFF EVE