Cosie, Shanklin, Isle of Wight
As you enter this charming townhouse in Shanklin, you get the absolute sense of well-being.
It is a fabulous base for friends and families exploring the Isle of Wight, as the train and bus stations are just over half a mile away, with direct links to the Wightlink ferry crossing from Portsmouth.
The contemporary kitchen provides everything you should need during your holiday, while the wonderful use of colour in the welcoming sitting room creates a sunny atmosphere all year round.
The comfy seating makes it a great spot to just sit and relax with family and friends, or watch TV or a DVD on the large screen Freeview TV.
Make the most of the space and set up the extending dining table so you can all sit and eat together, or in the summer, open the patio doors and head out into the enclosed courtyard, a little sun trap where you can have a barbecue and listen to the seagulls.
Upstairs, there are two uplifting bedrooms, both with luxurious bedding, pretty furnishings and a Freeview TV with DVD player.
Shanklin is a very popular seaside town, packed full of interesting little shops and superb restaurants and cafés such as The Waterfront Inn, Pendletons, The Fisherman’s Cottage, The Steamer Inn and The Chine Inn, to name but a few.
They receive top reviews and are well worth a visit!
The golden, sandy Shanklin beach is stunning, making this town ideal for a traditional bucket and spades holiday.
Explore the esplanade, which has everything you would expect, such as seaside cafés, an amusement arcade, crazy golf, bowling, go-karting and even an indoor play area!
Walk to the beach via Shanklin Old Village and Shanklin Chine, one of the Island’s oldest attractions, passing quaint little shops along the way, and a lovely way to start your day at the seaside is a walk through The Chine’s leafy gorge and winding unspoilt woodlands, where you can enjoy rare plants, wildlife and waterfalls.
A brilliant base for exploring the Isle of Wight, don’t miss out on your chance to visit this fantastic area from the comfort of this wonderful holiday home!
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
- Two bedrooms with TV: 1 x double, 1 x family room with 1 twin (zip/link, can be double on request) and 1 single
- Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC
- Ground floor basin and WC
- Sitting room with dining area
- Gas central heating
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, 3 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent, please bring own beach towels
- Roadside parking on first come first served basis, plus car parks close by
- Patio with furniture and BBQ
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 3 mins walk
- Beach, train and bus station 10 mins walk
- Note: Dogs must be kept downstairs at all times
- Note: Property in the centre of Shanklin Town and so some road noise may be heard
- Note: Please contact the owner prior to your stay for more details of how to purchase a weekly parking permit for use in car parks
- Note: Train station in the town has direct links to Wightlink ferry crossing from Portsmouth, and bus station has links to Sandown, Ryde, Newport and the rest of the island
- Note: This property has cottage-style stairs, which are slightly steeper than standard and therefore may be unsuitable for those with very limited mobility
- Note: Check-in time 4pm
- Note: No stag/hen parties, or similar.