Ruskin Lodge Guest House, Freshwater Bay, Isle of Wight
In the beautiful West Wight, Ruskin Lodge is often described by guests as having a warm, relaxed and friendly feel. Visitors are provided with keys to allow free access throughout the day.
All rooms are large, light and airy and great care has been taken to retain the period feel of this late Victorian home, with features such as fireplaces retained where possible.
Relax in the cosy conservatory or on the balcony, with its unobstructed panoramic views across the 1970 Isle of Wight Pop Festival site, the Downs and the western end of the Island.
The house built and owned by a Dr Dabbs who was the family Doctor for the Tennyson family, a friend of Hallam Tennyson and was present and administered to Tennyson in his final days and hours. His wife Nina Laura Peets may have had connections with the Reverend Dodgson ( Lewis Carroll). It is said he dedicated a book to her when she was a child.
- There are NO FACILITIES for guests to prepare and cook their own food.
- Bed & Breakfast from £40 per person per night.
- Double, Twin, Triple or Family Rooms.
- Both private bathroom and ensuite available.
- Bedrooms are equipped with high quality, pocket sprung mattresses.
- Digital LCD TV with Freeview in all bedrooms
- 42 inch LCD TV available for use by Wimbledon fans etc.
- Tea/coffee making facilities in all bedrooms.
- Families welcome, special rates for children under 14 years of age.
- Situated in a quiet, residential location.
- Sole Guests – If your party contains four or more adults, you may take advantage of our “Sole Guests” status.
- Please enquire for details.
- Off street parking available (at customer’s own risk).
- Pets by arrangement.
- Enjoy panoramic views from the balcony.
- A fine Broadwood Grand piano is available for use upon request.
- Guests have use of the balcony, with its unobstructed panoramic views across the Downs and the western end of the Island.
- Bedrooms are equipped with high quality, pocket sprung mattresses and all have
- TV and drink making facilities.
The reception rooms include a cosy lounge and sun-filled conservatory with a selection of books for guests to borrow. Breakfast is served in the dining room which also accommodates the grand piano and some interesting works of art. Ruskin Lodge has two grand pianos, both of which are available for use by guests.
Sample Breakfast Menu
Guests are welcome to relax in the garden and on the first floor balcony when they return from visits to the beach, Tennyson monument and other local places of interest such as Dimbola Lodge.
We have 3 rooms available which can be set up to suit requirements e.g.
King size double – Standard Double – Triple & Double suite with private bathroom – Standard Twin – Ensuite Family Room
Facilities for guests include the comfortable conservatory, lounge, patio area (left) and garden.