Sheepwash Barn, Freshwater, Isle of Wight
Freshwater 0.5 miles.
This superb detached, Grade II listed thatched cottage is next to the owner’s home in the hamlet of Middleton, half a mile from the village of Freshwater and three miles from Yarmouth.
Dating back to the 17th century, this delightful holiday home is ideal for a couple or small family who wish to explore this lovely part of the Isle of Wight.
After parking up you enter into a front patio area, where alfresco dining in the evening can be enjoyed after a day out and about or a breakfast before venturing to one of the nearby sandy beaches.
The first room you enter after stepping over the threshold is the kitchen with dining area, then you step into a cosy sitting room.
From the sitting room, you take two steps up where you will find a small corridor with the bedrooms and wet room off it.
There are two bedrooms at this wonderful cottage; a comfy double and a single, and completing the accommodation is an additional basin and WC.
The nearest shop and pub are just less than a mile away, with the nearest beach being a mile from the property.
The village of Freshwater, which is reached via a footpath directly outside the cottage, has shops and cafes, with Freshwater Bay boasting beaches and high chalk cliffs.
Walkers, cyclists and watersport enthusiasts are well catered for in the area, and there’s plenty to see and do within reach, including the charming seaside town of Yarmouth, The Needles Pleasure Park at Alum Bay and Osborne House.
An excellent Isle of Wight base for whatever you wish to see or do.
- All ground floor
- Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x single
- Wet room with shower, basin and WC
- Separate basin and WC
- Kitchen with dining area leading to the sitting room.
- Electric central heating
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 1 car
- Front patio with furniture
- Three well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 7 mins walk
- Beach 1 mile
- Note: Although the property is set over the ground floor, there are two steps up to the bedrooms, wet room and a separate basin and WC
- Note: No BBQs allowed due to the thatched roof.