The Thatches, Freshwater, Isle of Wight
Freshwater 1 mile.
This beautiful stone-built cottage, converted 16th-century barn is packed full of old-fashioned style and quirks and is situated in the hamlet of Norton, between Yarmouth and Freshwater.
If you want something with a truly rustic and country feel then this will likely be what you need, coming complete with a woodburning range in the incredibly cosy living room.
This ground floor cottage has a front door entrance that leads straight into the tiled kitchen, that is fitted with all modern appliances.
Guests can then follow this through to the living room, where you find a comfortable sofa and chair alongside the woodburning stove and Freeview TV with a built-in DVD player.
Next to that is a small dining area with room for 3 chairs, alongside a daybed, and from there you enter the master bedroom complete with a double bed and en-suite bathroom.
You quickly get the desire to want to relax and unwind in this cosy cottage after a long day exploring the surrounding hills.
Out both the front and the back there are decent sized lawned gardens that are secluded by hedges and provide you with a great spot to unwind in the summer with a BBQ.
All within roughly a mile and a half, you have access to a pub, restaurants, shops and the local beach.
It’s hard not to quickly fall in love with the setting, and guests can visit the harbour, the bay, explore local shops in Yarmouth, take long walks and even go horse riding.
The area is ideal for ramblers and cyclists with plenty of paths for walkers and a good base from which to explore the island by bike.
With plenty to do, this cottage is perfectly suited for couples looking to get away for the weekend or longer.
Live in style and comfort in this old fashioned cottage with all the modern amenities.
- All ground floor
- One double bedroom with en-suite freestanding bath, basin and WC
- Dining room with single day bed
- Sitting room with woodburning stove
- Suitable for 2 adults and a child
- Gas central heating with woodburning stove
- Electric oven, gas hob, fridge, freezer, washing machine, dishwasher
- TV with Freeview and built-in DVD player, radio, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Sorry, no pets or smoking
- Off road parking for two cars
- Bike storage
- Lawned garden with furniture and BBQ
- Shops, pubs, restaurants and beach 1 mile
- Note: Summerhouse in back garden is for owner use only