Tovah is a wonderful terraced cottage full of character, located in Yarmouth on the Isle of Wight ideally located to explore the West Wight. The cottage is a Grade II listed building, the accommodation is over 3 floors with a balcony overlooking the Solent, it is one of the oldest buildings in Yarmouth, dated circa 1550.
Step through the front door and into the spacious, characterful living room, with its hardwood flooring, expansive fireplace and exposed beams it’s like stepping back in time.
Step through the double doors into the dining room to reveal a farmhouse solid pine table with seating for up to six people.
While the property has been renovated to a contemporary holiday home, there are still period features attesting to the history of the cottage, such as the exposed beams, spiral staircase, latched doors and feature fireplaces.
A further set of doors lead into the kitchen with its modern fixtures and fittings and a convenient breakfast bar.
This light and airy room is the perfect place for making a home-cooked meal with the family.
The living room, dining room and kitchen are easily connected as one large communal area ideal for family living with the doors open or can be separated as separate rooms with doors closed, it is very flexible depending on the individual needs.
There is a good supply of children’s games in the wooden chest including the Isle of Wight Monopoly game!
The kitchen also has a door which leads out to the enclosed garden, which is made up of a lawn and patio areas, ideal for enjoying a meal or drink on a warm evening. The bedrooms are set across two floors and consist of one double, one twin and one king-size master bedroom with exposed beams and en-suite bathroom.
The bedrooms have been equipped with charming furniture, including built-in wardrobes.
The master bedroom can be found on the second floor and has steps leading up to a large balcony area with lovely views across the Solent.
Roadside permit parking is available as well as in the local car park.
Yarmouth is a wonderful base for exploring the Isle of Wight and is ideally located in the beautiful West Wight.
The town square is 50 yards away from the property with beautiful restaurants, book shop, coffee and tea shops, boutique clothing shops, art galleries, antique shop, Yarmouth Castle and a historical wooden pier.
There is also the highly prestigious aspect of the harbour and marina, alongside fantastic walking and cycling opportunities down the river Yar and many more.
Yarmouth has plenty to offer and is easily accessible from the mainland without the need for a car as the ferry comes in only a two-minute walk from this cottage, and there is a great bus network to get about on the island, some fabulous walks and trails and the iconic Needles are located within 5 miles.
Tovah is the perfect place to stay in order to explore all that Yarmouth, the West Wight and the Isle of Wight has to offer.
- Over three floors
- Three bedrooms: 1 x second floor master with king-size double and an en-suite shower room with a shower, basin and WC
- 1 x first floor double, 1 x first floor twin
- First floor bathroom with a bath, basin and WC
- All bedrooms have fitted wardrobes
- Dining room
- Living room.
- Gas central heating throughout
- Woodburner with starter pack of logs
- AGA rangecooker, with electric oven and gas hob, dishwasher, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer
- Smart TV, DVD Player and WiFi
- Additional TV with DVD player in master bedroom
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Parking is available on the roadside (permit provided) or in the local car park
- Lawned garden and patio area and large balcony
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shops and pubs within 50 m walk
- Excellent Blue Crab Restaurant situated next door.