West View, Shorwell, Newport, Isle of Wight
West View is a charming, Grade II listed cottage dating back to the 1700s which rests comfortably in the village of Shorwell on the Isle of Wight.
Retaining much of its traditional charm and resting within easy reach of a wealth of excellent opportunities, this is a fabulous stay for groups of eight looking to make the most of this wonderful island.
As you enter this superb cottage, you are immediately hit with its cosy charm, first discover the spacious sitting room which is decorated in a soothing, neutral theme and is centred by a stunning inglenook fireplace which houses an inviting woodburning stove for the colder months.
Adjacent to this is a quirky twin bedroom, enhanced with rustic wooden beams and topped off with a feature period fireplace for an added touch of class.
The country cottage-style kitchen/diner continues this unique pattern, hosting a fabulous retro-style AGA, multi-coloured tiling and splendid cream-coloured units which compliment the central dining table well.
Upstairs, find three further bedrooms which provide varying arrangements including a twin, a double and a fabulous master bedroom topped off attractively with a feature stone chimney breast and a stunning en-suite shower room.
The interior concludes elegantly with the family bathroom as it features a glistening all-white suite.
To unwind amidst this tranquil location, wander out onto the courtyard where you can take a seat with your morning coffee, or perhaps enjoy a spot of alfresco dining with the option of a barbecue.
Shorwell is a quaint, friendly village offering an excellent pub serving food across the road, as well as a handy shop with a Post Office.
All tastes are catered for throughout the beautiful Isle of Wight; keen walkers and cyclists can enjoy the Isle of Wight AONB and the Hamstead Heritage Coast, while those who appreciate idyllic coastline are perfectly situated, there is also the bustling town of Newport close by with a range of excellent eateries, shops, pubs and bars.
Tour the magnificent Isle of Wight from this unique, characterful hideaway.
- Four bedrooms: 1 x king-size double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x double, 1 x twin, 1 x ground floor twin
- Bathroom with a bath, hand-held shower, basin and WC
- Ground floor cloakroom with a basin and WC
- Sitting room with a woodburning stove.
- Oil central heating, woodburning stove
- Oil-fired AGA, electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, selection of games
- Fuel and power inc in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc in rent
- A cot and cot bed available and two highchairs
- Front courtyard with bench, rear courtyard with furniture and BBQ
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 4 minute walk, pub 1 minute walk.