Getting Around in Sandown
Sandown has excellent bus and train services and makes an excellent base for a visit to the Isle of Wight. Bus services can take you either northwards to Brading and Ryde, south to Shanklin and Ventnor, or across the Island to Godshill, Newport and Cowes, whilst the Island Line train services run to the neighbouring town of Shanklin or North to Ryde where they connect with passenger ferry services to Portsmouth.
Sandown Tourist Information Point
The Holiday Shop
37 High Street
Isle Of Wight
Open All Year
Visitor Information on Sandown
– Toilets including facilities for disabled, first aid post, Cafe/restaurant and shops.
– Swimming, surfing and jet skiing. There are also pedalos available for hire from the beach and a children’s area.
Nature and Wildlife
– There is a walk along the seawall from Sandown to Shanklin. Several species of seabird may be seen at the beach.
Cleaning and Litter
– The beach is cleaned and there are litter bins available.
– Dogs are not allowed on the beach from May to September.
Awards and Recommendations –
Blue Flag Beach, Quality Coast Award, Marine Conservation Society Recommended.]]>